3.08.2011

The One in 304

"Oh, so that's what you think?"
"I didn't - "
"Well, you can't treat me like that, see?"
"I'm not - "
"I might not be no high class dame, but I ain't trash from the gutter, neither."
"I didn't say - "
"You can't step on me, see?  'Cause I have rights too, see?"
"Of course you - "
"Don't give me no back-talk!"
"But I'm - "
"Oh, g'wan, get outta here."
"Didn't you - "
"I said get out!"
"Put down that vase!"
"Out!"

*

"First floor, and make it quick."
"Is everything all right, sir?"
"That woman is crazy."
"Which one, sir?"
"The one in 304."
"I see, sir.  I should not comment on our lodgers, sir, but may I just say I know to whom you refer."
"I'll bet you do.  I'll bet the whole building does."
"It's possible, sir."
"Threw a vase at me.  I barely dodged it."
"It seems you have excellent reflexes, sir."
"With her, I have to."
"Indeed.  First floor, sir."
"Ah, thank you."
"Have a good evening, sir."

1 comment:

  1. Descriptions through dialogue. Delightful.

    And sometimes I feel like I know her.

    ReplyDelete